The Way it Was and How I Lost Faith in the Pro-Life Movement by Eleanor Cooney and Anne Libby reminded me why I hate the "Pro-Life" movement so much. Reading Libby's personal account of trying to get an abortion before it was legal was terrifying. I can't imagine the pain she and other girls have gone through and are still going through just to prevent their life from getting ruined forever. Cooney's article reminded me of all the hypocrisies of the "Pro-Life" movement. Something I began to learn very young, when I went with a friend to a "Pro-Life" protest in DC. I had decided to go to personally hear the arguments of the other side. I was not impressed. The people their talked about God and the bible, and used misleading pictures and strong words to enact fear in their listeners. They never once gave a valid argument for why abortions should be illegal.
~Heather
I agree, trying to get an abortion before it was legal must have been terrifying. I can only imagine how many lives were lost, and how many could have been saved if this procedure were legal and therefore much more sanitary.
ReplyDeleteThe problem is that some states make is so difficult to get an abortion that some places are practically living in a pre- Roe vs Wade era.
ReplyDelete