Monday, April 14, 2014

Color Me Nontoxic

I can remember when I was a little girl going with my mom to get her nails done, and once you walked into the front doors, you could smell the toxic air.  Although from what I remember, most of the workers there wore face masks to prevent inhalation of the chemicals, they are still working in toxic conditions.  You would think that since there have been so many cases of hospitalizations and illnesses that there would be more research  done on these shops.  However, it almost seems as though the law makers could care less about the toxic fumes that these artists are being put through each and every day, even if it does seem like a small group of people.

- Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I also, have seen an increasing number of employees now wearing masks than in previous years, however, its completely eye opening to realize how dangerous a job such that involves something as simple as painting nails can be so harmful. Once again I agree with you when you say that lawmakers act as if they don't care. If something is this harmful it should be researched and have the hazards be well known. The proper pro cautions should also be taken by the government to prevent as much damage as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize this was a problem, I've only ever gotten my nails done once and it was when a friend took me to a really fancy spa for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete