Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Like Nicole, I am not much of a reader myself.  However, I felt the same way.  Over spring break I spent numerous hours at the airport and flying and with in one sitting I was able to finish the book.  I liked that it was a quick easy read, and i enjoyed some of the points and similarities the novel made between women in the US and women in Iran.

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Glad I chose a book even non-readers enjoyed! Perhaps this will inspire you to read more often. There is a sequel to this book--Persepolis 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the sequel have more world history in it? I love learning the history of other countries, but I don't have time for a world history class. I thought it was really interesting that the arguments society used to discriminate against women were similar across boarders and cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, just now seeing your reply to my comment. I don't actually know about the historical content of Persepolis 2 because I haven't read it. You might be able to find out through a simple web search.

    ReplyDelete